Thursday, January 20, 2011

Smiling

On the way to Maya's swim lessons we were listening to this song which brought back a flood of memories.  This song, if you knew Chris at all, will surprise you.  It was on his IPod. He knew all the words, or at least most of them.  The best part about this song is remembering Chris and Maya dancing around our living room, both singing the words at the tops of their lungs all the while giggling and laughing at themselves.  Today, the song that brought about the strongest memories of Chris did not bring tears but a smile which I very much felt I could use today while being battered by single parenthood.

4 comments:

  1. I'm smiling now too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soak up the memories that make you smile when they come to you. You deserve to smile when your memories will let you.

    Since Chris was a man that could wear his daughters jewelry when he played with his beautiful little girl, I can totally picture him doing as you described…even to a Taylor Swift song.

    I hope your memories will let you smile more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally picture Chris and Maya dancing to this song. Makes me smile too. Miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image that your post evokes... of Maya and Chris dancing and laughing! So sweet! And, of course, I'm loving that it makes you smile...

    ReplyDelete