Monday, January 24, 2011

Owen is 18 Months!!!

Statistics:
Height:  33.5 inches
Weight:  27 lbs 9.6 oz
Bed Time:  between 7:45 & 8 p.m.
Wakes Up:  Between 6:15 & 7:15 a.m.
Can Say:  Uh Oh, Yogurt, Hi, Bye bye, Momma, Dada, Papa, More, Nana...but mostly grunts
Signs:  banana, more, eat, milk, drink, bath, please, thank you, cracker, dog, fish, waves hi and bye
Favorite Toy:  a cell phone....mostly grandma's
Sleeps With:  fleece Toy Story blanket
Favorite Activity:  bath time
Favorite Foods:  bananas, yogurt, fruit crisps, pancakes, mac n cheese
Favorite Songs:  If You're Happy, All The Single Ladies (chipmunks...), Dynamite, The Bigger the Better

The Facts
*  Likes to play hide-n-seek; will sit covering his eyes while I count
*  'sings' (hums) along to lots of songs like ABC's, Just Breathe, If You're Happy
*  Can do all the actions to If You're Happy mostly at the right times
*  Uses Cally's extra skin as a handle
*  Easily distributes hugs and kisses
*  Has made his first 'real' friend (Brody)...they have played in the same room for a long time and now are happy to see each other and try to interact
*  Tries to brush his hair and his teeth
*  Climbs EVERYTHING, incessantly
*  Mimics Maya...good and bad
*  Likes to 'help' carry things, put things away, etc.
*  Started swim 'lesson' and loved it!
*  Has all of his teeth including his 1st year molars
*  Plays well independently or alone with Maya
*  Throws a wicked tantrum
*  Wakes up happy in the morning
*  Loves picking Maya up from preschool
*  Follows lots of simple directions like throwing things in the garbage
*  Is almost really running
*  Tries to put his own shoes on.


I will update his stats once we hit up the pediatrician next week.  Oh...and a picture :)

3 comments:

  1. He is so fun and happy. Love his "tantrums" they make me laugh. We will see about that later. Hugs me and makes my heart whole for a while. Thank you Owen. I love you
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to my pal. He is very bright and loves anything to do with technology. Has an uncanny ability, for an 18 month old, to figure out how to make things work. His happy, loving, welcoming hugs (even if they are just to search me for my cell phone) warm my day. Love you guys.
    G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you do 'stats & facts' about your kids! Someday... I'll be that cool!

    I'm cracking up imagining Owen using Cally's extra skin as handles! How fun! (maybe not for Cally!)

    ReplyDelete