Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I want to call it spring cleaning...but really it is just a series of chores.  My clock says 5:25 p.m., dinner is cooking and I am ready for the kids to go to bed but that is 2.5 hours away, not that I'm counting. 

By 9:30 a.m. we were at the grocery store.  By 11:30 a.m. 'we' were detailing the car.  By 1:30 p.m. Owen was down for a nap and I had completed my 4th load of laundry.  By 4:45 p.m. I had had a random visit from an officer here the day of Chris' death, Owen was up, I had vacuumed the entire house, I had cleaned my bathroom and the laundry room and had cleaned out the car seats and reinstalled them.  I won't even try to estimate how many times I said "Just wait a minute, please" today because that will just make me crazy guilty.

Too bad I also wanted to scrub the kitchen down, wash both cars, scrub out the fridge, do P90X and stop by to meet our new neighbors.  Oh, did I mention shower???  Alas, I am waving my white flag for the day.

Yesterday, I was reminded that being an only parent can be very lonely.  Today, I was reminded how physically exhausting it is.  I want to say it will be easier when my kids are older, but like everything I believe that there is little truth to that.  It's always something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment