Monday, March 7, 2011

If I believe

I have become fairly certain I am 'that' person who spouts off random information about her children to anyone who will listen because I am both lacking conversation time and lacking time to discuss how cool my kids are. 

In my previous life, I used to store up tidbits of information throughout the day to share with Chris.  Those moments where the kids would say funny things, where I had been frustrated or where I learned something I thought he would appreciate.  He would walk through the door and laugh as I talked nonstop while he took off his boots, emptied out his lunch box and put it on the fridge, then stood with his belt undone waiting for a break in the conversation to hit the shower. 

Two days ago Maya was dancing around in her t-shirt and underwear when she said "Mommy, some girls like to dance around in their panties like this."  I laughed and laughed...if she only knew how true that was, right?

On both Tuesday and Thursday last week Maya told me she didn't want to go to preschool...she wanted to stay home with me.  Of course she was just fine once we got to preschool but as I was pulling out after dropping her off on Thursday I thought about telling Chris I was concerned she didn't want to go twice. 

I bought ginger ale tonight.  I don't drink ginger ale...Chris did.  Now I buy it for people who come over out of habit.

Both Owen and Maya threw up two weeks ago.  We always thought Maya was just not a puker...she had only thrown up once in 4 years until the other day.  He was supposed to be the puke catcher; it was our agreement. 

Owen is trying to say "Thank You" and I was thinking today how Chris would be excited to know he is trying to say it and not just sign it.

Of course, I cannot tell him anything now.  I suppose if I truly believe...he already knows about all of those moments.

4 comments:

  1. I believe, too Sabrina. I couldn't stop thinking how proud he would have been of Maya at soccer and how he'd just be beeming. But then, I thought, no...he IS proud of her and he IS beeming. It'd just be nice to share it with him. And, I believe, he's proud of you too. He certainly should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe. I think he knows, And, I think he is still laughing at Maya's dancing and beaming at Owen's words and crying tears with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is laughing at Maya's dance and so proud of his son! And he is watching you with amazement and is so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this sounds weird and existential. Not even sure if that is the correct word. But I think he IS those moments. He gets to live in their laughs including yours.

    And yes Maya, some girls do dance in their panties. Fortunately, your parents didn't name you Stormi. ;)

    ReplyDelete