Monday, February 28, 2011

Bewildered

This morning I woke up baffled, perplexed, confused, bewildered about how I got here.  For a moment this morning I 'saw' Chris, laying in the bathtub and briefly thought about what I would tell him about my experience that morning.  Of course, I realize at the same time that we will never have that conversation and truly that is frustrating.  Part of me feels like I could come to terms with what happened easier if I just knew what his journey to the other side entailed.  I'm sure, in reality, this isn't true.  Today, however, I am longing for that one last moment, one last conversation, one last breath that we could take together before the goodbye is forever.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and wishing that I could grant that one last conversation. Hoping that peace will come on this 'bewildered' day, because grief is plenty to deal with as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what you are going through..I have been thinking about you quite often...praying for you..you are in my thoughts and I know this doesn't help right now..but I know you will see Chris again..I know he is watching over you and the kids..I know that doesn't help right now..but just know death is not the end...I love you

    ReplyDelete