Wednesday, April 20, 2011

wipe off the blood....

One of the most enlightening experiences I've had was coaching girls soccer at Lindbergh High School.  However, I'm not thinking of the experiences but of the quote the girls chose for their t-shirts my second year coaching.

Wipe off the blood and get back in the game.

I'm having a wipe off the blood sort of day.

Today I woke up with two tasks...Costco and the Shane Company.

Last week I took my wedding ring to be cleaned and unsoldered.  My computer doesn't like that word; is it a sign?  I am thinking that perhaps each of my kids will have one when they are older.  Who knows.

I walked into the store feeling fine but as the salesperson took the rings out of the bag my stomach sank.  There was something about seeing them looking shiny and new.  I hadn't had it cleaned in two years.  Then the awkward conversation of why I wasn't going to try it on then my request for a box which she even wrapped in a beautiful bow which was awkward too.  Looking back it might have been slightly uncouth to shove them in my jeans pocket as I walked away.  With a deep breath, I shoved the box into the depths of my diaper bag.

My kids fought all the way through Costco as I thought about the red satin ring box riding around in the oversized shopping cart.  It made me think about the trip my engagement ring took to Vegas then on to San Diego where Chris proposed. 

$221 later I was on my way home trying to wipe off the blood and get back in the game.

4 comments:

  1. Hugs.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it may not seem like it on days, you are doing a wonderful job at "wiping off the blood", handling the angry moments, and managing through the elephants of the room.
    Hugs and love!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking about what to do with my ring lately. Big step you took. I'm cheering you on and hoping you found your way back into the game...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sabrina. We read your blog post and it really touched our hearts. We know how difficult it must have been to come see us to have your rings cleaned and unsoldered. We cannot imagine what you are going through right now. Give your kids a hug and stay strong. Please know that we are thinking of you.

    From Chris and all of your friends at Shane Co.

    ReplyDelete