Monday, October 18, 2010

When I grow up...

Today we stayed home from our usual trip to the gym (runny noses and a stomach ache....) and instead I loaded the kidlets up in the stroller and took the dog for a brisk walk. Maya talks nonstop! When we got home and pulled in to the garage, I decided we'd spend a bit of time out there trying to reorganize... While I was trying to take an old shelf down Maya was talking my ear off about all sorts of things. Today this is what she told me:
Maya: "Mommy, when I grow up I'm going to be a fireman. Oh and a doctor too so I can make people feel better."
Me: 'That's great Maya. Those sound like fun careers. Did you know grandpa used to be a fireman? He even got to drive the fire truck!"
Maya: "Ohhhh. I remember, I saw him yesterday driving!" (She thinks everything was yesterday)
Me: "It was actually before you were even born when I was a little girl."
Maya: "Actually, I remember. But it was. Oh and, Mommy?" (She likes to copy words)
Me: "Yes?"
Maya: "I'm going to college too. But not Owen. He's a baby."

I love those 'grown up' conversations she tries to have especially when she hears a word she wants to try to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment