Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carving Pumpkins






Tonight we decided to dig into our pumpkins and try to carve a few. Last year was the first where Maya would actually touch the guts. This year, she was a little afraid at first and kept telling me it was too cold! By the time we were done she was busy trying to bury my hands and having me do the same to her while we sorted out pumpkin seeds to roast. Maya chose Ariel for her pumpkin. It was a little challenging to find a pattern but, as all crazy moms do, I found one on the Internet. I chose a cat/jack-o-lantern/spider scene and Chris did a free hand jack-o-lantern (which has yet to be photographed). Owen wandered around trying to eat pumpkin guts, trying to crawl in the pumpkins and just having a good old time trying to figure out what the heck we were doing.

1 comment: