Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Marathon

Maya came running upstairs wearing her shoes. I asked her why she had them on in the house (we don't allow shoes in the house). She replied "I need to be fast. I'm running a marathon!" Ha! She cracks me up. I just laughed and said "Good reason." Maya definitely did not acquire the running gene from me.

On a side note, Chris took the kids to the elementary school down the street from us about a month ago to play. They ran into a family while they were there who were also playing in the field. Maya joined in on the fun of running around playing soccer with a ball that had been left on the field from school. Chris said she was easily keeping pace with the little boy who was in 2nd grade. The dad of the boy asked how old she was and was surprised to hear she's only almost 3 1/2. His response? "She's got wheels!" Maybe she is a runner!

No comments:

Post a Comment