Saturday, October 9, 2010

wet.....

Last night I got peed on...doesn't seem like much of a story, does it?

About once a week Maya has trouble sleeping. Sometimes her room is too stuffy and sometimes she's overly tired. Usually we know an hour after bedtime when she's crying but not really awake. Last night she woke up twice between 8 and 10 p.m. She was so out of it at 10 that Chris brought her in to our room where we were reading. Usually the light wakes her up enough to reorient herself and then she goes back to sleep. Not very often do we need to bring her in our room, but last night we did. She fell asleep within 5 minutes so it wasn't a big deal though man, is she a snorer! Anyway, when we were ready to go to sleep we contemplated bringing her back to her bed (our general rule in our house) but decided to let her sleep awhile. I woke up at 3:11 and realized she had been asleep in our bed for about 5 hours and (not remembering it was Friday night) decided to return her to her bed before Chris' alarm went off. I got out of bed only to realize I was soaked from my arm pit to my knee...um, did I wet the bed? The I immediately thought the cat peed on me...seems logical with all our cat issues right now. However, I reached over and realized...it was Maya. She's only had 3 other accidents I can think of at night so I was a little surprised. I took her back to her bed and changed her (half asleep) then woke Chris up so we could change out our bedding. Of course, I was laughing about it mostly because I was so confused...gross!

3 comments:

  1. Been there, done that... er, had that done to me!! The worst part is not knowing how long its been there, because you don't notice right away! Ewwww...

    ReplyDelete
  2. definite eeewwww! I had been peed on MANY times by Owen as a newborn...but this was a first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany Taylor-GarrettOctober 16, 2010 at 11:53 AM

    Yeah, that is a tuff one because you're not frustrated necessarily about the accident but more about how long you've been laying in the wet.. That does get me because its such a shock when it does happen because its not frequent. I think its really funny when it startles them..

    ReplyDelete