Friday, December 31, 2010

The 'Normal' Stuff



Here we are at Great Wolf Lodge enjoying the lil kid slide all together!


Maya was the 'Shinning Star' at her preschool in December. She got to bring whatever she wanted in the box to share. She chose to bring the stuffed wolf we got at Great Wolf Lodge and a picture of Owen...whom she called 'her friend' during sharing time.

Our friends and family took us out to Farmer Brown's Tree Farm to find a tree.



Then we decorated...while others of us tried to figure out what the heck was going on.



Maya had a Christmas program at school. The class sang 6 songs. Incredibly cute and was a moment I wished Chris had been here for. He would have beamed. Owen came along to cause trouble.





We painted reindeer masks...and some of us ate paint.



Maya and I tried our hand, once again, at making a Gingerbread House.


We went on a Santa Brunch Cruise with all our favorite people where we got to see Santa!!!



Christmas Eve found us at my grandma's house where we also had an encounter with Santa. Oddly, my children walked right up and sat down.



Christmas morning was glutenous. So many presents.



Maya was VERY excited for me to open my present. She picked out a sweater and a dolphin pillow pet for me.



Christmas evening found Owen WAY over all the presents. Instead he watched us open his presents, turned on the singing decorations and used exorbitant amounts of chapstick.




The days after Christmas started our adventure in remodeling the bathroom. Here is Maya helping me paint. She was very proud of 'her wall' and slightly offended when I filled in the white parts.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how challenging each of those events were for you. If I were in your shoes, I think that all of the photos might be of me dealing with life by hiding under my pillow. Props to you (and your family and friends) for providing your kiddos with such needed normalcy!

    ReplyDelete