Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Fragile

Chris' best friend and his wife took Maya with them to a high school basketball game tonight which she LOVED! When she got home she told me all about the white players and the blue players, shooting the ball and cheering. Thankful doesn't do justice to how I feel about friends and family incorporating us into the threads of their lives. Tonight Maya went with the Pierce family to the game and I stayed home to get Owen in bed on time but was kept company by my awesome cousin Laura on this, my second night solo. We have so many people who have made us part of their immediate family and have invited us to take part in their every day lives.

After the kids were in bed I read my email. An email from a friend made me realize I am not crazy. Life is fragile and the existence of our bodies is only a result of our body working with us and itself. It was a reminder to me that there are amazing people in this world in circumstances beyond their control. The only way around them is through them, and the outcome is not always self directed. This is such a reminder to me.

Tonight I am praying as I have every one of the last 43 days. Maybe that sounds odd to you but prayer had not been part of the daily rituals in my life during the most recent years. I have been praying for strength and endurance, for personal knowledge about when to let go and let be, for Chris, for my kid's healing, for peace and healing for those who loved Chris, and for personal understanding of this life and my intended journey.

Tonight I began praying for strength and healing for a friend whose spirit and internal beauty radiate.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck to your friend!!! Life is about challenges, some are easy and some are hard, but each of us view their difficulty differently. Hopefully both you and your friend get peace in your hearts soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, you are not crazy. Your life has been zapped into crazy, but you are not. And even though life is fragile and we aren't able to control aspects of it, our choice is to fight. Fighting off the impending weight on our chests, fighting for our health, fighting for our family, fighting to find the peace that gives us enough strength to rest from the fight and accept what we are given...

    For me, prayers for others are such a blessing. It's a brief respite from my 'cares' which 'seem' weighty at times, until I'm given a reminder of reality. And, Kay's phone call 43 days ago did that for me. Though I'd prefer that you'd never have had this experience, my prayers for your little family have reminded me of that power, that I, too, have slackened on.... May you find the peace and guidance and hope you are seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just have to post a little funny. When commenting on your blog, blogger requires word verification, right? Well, after I typed my above comment, the verifying word was 'egushy'. Is blogger trying to tell me to keep it concise?? =) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray for you, Maya and Owen and your parents every night and I ask Heavenly Father to help you and ease your pain and help you move on. It is not easy and I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete