Sunday, April 8, 2012

Where is he?

Where is he?  That's such a good question.

It would be fine if it was just a question circulating my mind.  Instead, as I was looking at a picture of Chris, whom Owen has taken to calling "daddy Chris" he asked that question...Where is he?  In heaven was my answer.

Puzzled look...tiny smile, a kiss good night. 

He doesn't get it.

I've been encouraging the distinction of daddy Chris because I think Owen needs more information. His mind is uber inquisitive and he wants to know everything.  I love it.  However, it's a painful moment.  I also want the definition because Owen is becoming more accustomed to calling Shaun, daddy when Riley is here.  His understanding of parental titles is somewhat fluid. 

So there it is.  The moment he asked.  It was hard, not in the ugly cry sort of way but in the heart ache sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment