Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Details

The sheer number of emails and text messages I have received about about the new man in my life floored me.  However, it really shouldn't have given the fact I have written so openly about my life since Chris died and know that so many closely follow our journey through this world so of course you would be curious. I've been an open book which begs the question, why not now?

When Chris died my life became this open book.  To answer the bombardment of questions, I began writing about it all.  It was amazingly cathartic despite the overwhelming loss of privacy.  The loss of privacy was healing and continues to be.  I never feel like I take a step alone.  On the nights I would write about the 'ugly' cry at 2 a.m. I would almost immediately receive a text or email from someone who had just read about it and wanted to send their love my way.  The response was immediate and reassuring.  Grief strips you of privacy in the same way that childbirth does.  There is no hiding the rawness and reality of it all. 

Now, for the first time in many months, I had something that was my secret and I wanted to keep it that way.  Of course, I couldn't help but leak a few details.  He's too amazing not to.

So here's what you need to know.  He is amazingly sweet, and kind and thoughtful.  He is funny and goofy and adorable.  He is enamored by his almost 2 year old daughter.  He is intelligent, hard working and well spoken.  He's got beautiful eyes that are hard to look away from and he is even more gorgeous in person than in any picture

In 4 days he comes back from training and I am sure you then will hear more about him.  Until you meet him, you'll just have to take my word about how fantastic he is.

6 comments:

  1. Happy cry for you my sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and now... even more piqued interest in knowing about him! But... of course, we'll let you share that with us, when you can't keep it in any longer!! thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sabrina, beautiful smiles. Thanks for divulging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He must have some very special qualities for you to have allowed him to cross that guarded doorway into your life. So, so happy for you.

    Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete