Friday, November 6, 2009

Mommy Moment #255342


Poor Owen hasn't been sleeping well with a little bit of a stuffy nose that seems to manifest itself in the middle of the night and leaves him gagging, ugh. Last night Owen ended up sleeping with me most of the night so he would stay asleep. Not ideal especially since I don't sleep well in close quarters. It left me still sound asleep still at 8:30 a.m. It was just after 8:30 that I began hearing plastic plates. I laid there laughing to myself because usually it means that Maya is up and has decided to play in her kitchen which is in her room. Most mornings Maya wakes up calling 'mommy, mommy, mommy' though maybe once every couple weeks does she get up on her own. The upside is that her bedroom door sticks....so she can't be up around the house without us....or at least that's what I thought. As I listened closer, I realized that she was a lot louder than I would have expected her to be. So, I got up, put my contacts in and realized that Miss Maya's bedroom was open a crack and that the noise was coming from the kitchen....downstairs. I quietly tiptoed down the stairs and there she was...on the counter (half on the stove, next to the knives) taking out all of her plates and cups. She turned around and got down then looked up at me, holding a cup, lid and straw. Smiling, she said "I'm thirsty" and she jumped off her stool and ran to the fridge from which she pulled out the milk. Laughing, I helped her pour a glass. She put the lid on, stuck the straw in, put the milk back and pulled out a piece of Babybel cheese from the fridge, opened it and looked at me and said "I'm hungry too!" Of course, I took a picture. How could I resist? At least it wasn't a bag a pancake mix all over my living room floor... oh wait, that was our last food adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment