Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Big Move

We decided it was time to reclaim our bedroom and move Owen in to his own room. With Maya, I couldn't wait to get her in to her own room. She's such a restless sleeper that she kept me awake, even now. This time I was sad. I realized it is the last time I will have a sweet little baby in my room not to mention he's still attached to his binky when falling asleep and I was a bit worried I'd continually be fetching it for him. However, it needed to be done. I decided it was time because we were waking up Owen and he was waking us up in turn. The first two nights were a sketchy. Between the two kids (Maya had two bad nights in a row) we were up 7 times between 9:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. However, the third night after my 'pep talk' (it was all in jest but I'm pretending it worked) the kids both slept! Maya was down at 8:30 and Owen was down at 9. We didn't hear a peep until 6:15 a.m. In the end, it was nice to reclaim a little space for us and Owen is sleeping great!

No comments:

Post a Comment