Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Tears


We took Maya and Owen to the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe to partake of some fried foods, see some animals and try out the kiddo rides. We really doubted Maya would sit still on a ride all by herself...we were so wrong. Maya wanted to go on the car ride and both Chris and I were extremely nervous watching the kids on the ride; standing there waiting, however, Maya enthusiastically picked out the pink car for her ride. Chris walked her on to strap her in and Maya had a blast. I teared up watching my baby go on a ride all by herself because it reminded me that she will grow up and not need me as much. On the days I have frazzled nerves from tantrums I think of this. Not only will this time pass, but it will move on to days when she will no longer fit so snug in my lap and will no longer choose me as her favorite playmate. For the record, I cried typing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment