Tuesday, August 25, 2009

CSI Toddler...







The Date: August 25, 2009

Location: Living Room
Crime: Excessive use of rice & pancake mix

I had this crazy idea that I would let Maya have some 'freedom' during my shower. Previously she had watched a movie or cartoon on the portable DVD player in my bedroom. However, since Owen's birth she had started playing by herself better from time to time and would ask me to stay and play where she was when I went up to shower. It worked well....for about 3 days. I would check on her 3 or 4 times during the 20 minutes and never had she been doing anything but playing. On August 25th, I checked on her the 3 or 4 times I usually did and then finished and went down to join her (she had been playing with My Little Ponies)....only to see flower all over the back of the couch. I walked into the living room and there she was....my little rice angel...rolling (yes, she really was rolling) in the rice on the floor. She had also put handfuls of pancake mix all over the couch, loveseat, coffee table and end table. What the heck!!!!! When I asked her what she was doing she said 'playing'. She sat in her time out while I started cleaning up and pulled myself back together...what a stinker. Of course, I got a few pictures. She talked about it for days after. FYI: an entire bag of pancake mix and 3/4 bag of rice WILL clog your vacuum. Oh, and she ONLY sits in my room during my shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment