Saturday, July 3, 2010

Camping

Chris and I vowed that we would not become 'those' parents who stopped doing things they loved because they had kids. End result? We are those parents. In an overwhelming realization I decided it was time to get out tent out and take the kids camping! We made plans with my sister in law Trish and my friend Lora and off we were to go camping. Five days before the day we were to leave I realized we were not going to take Owen...we just couldn't. The boy had only been walking for a month and never sleeps well anywhere but in his bed in his room....we would be miserable. In a mercy pact with my parents they agreed to take him for two nights. This ended up being a good thing because he slept terrible as two teeth came in .... lucky them! We did, however, have an awesome time camping. Some highlights included sleeping all together in the tent (with Hello Kitty in her Ariel costume),


running all over with her friends Sarah, Addison, Brodie, and baby 'Q' (a foster baby being loved by my brother in law and sister in law right now),


Chris fishing,


meeting Smokey the Bear
Maya having her first S'more


and spending our final day at Kinderfest in Leavenworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment