Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Owen is 3 months


Three whole months have cruised by and I can't believe my little guy is 3 months old as of October 18th. He has changed from a skinny, sleepy little guy to one who is watching your every move and waiting for you to make eye contact so he can smile.
  • Owen smiles with his eyes before it reaches his mouth.
  • He is so happy when his arms are 'freed' from his swaddle.
  • If I'm on the phone holding him, he is usually trying to participate too.
  • He loves to cuddle and honestly would probably be a great co sleeper if we were down with it.
  • Owen has super long eye lashes that are straight like mine, not curly like Maya and Chris' are.
  • He gets a super big, sad lip just before he starts to cry.
  • His angry cry sounds like 'mmmmmaaaad, mmmmmmadddd' so Maya often mocks him.
  • He is long, long, long. I need to measure him and fill in that blank.
  • Owen was born with light colored hair that hasn't fallen out.
  • He snorts.
  • He used to pee on me all the time; I'm good at timing it now.
  • Owen loves taking a bath and gets the counter soaked while kicking water out of his tub.
  • Can suck on his thumb fairly well though he prefers his binky.
  • Calms and falls asleep very quickly once he's swaddled and has his binky.
  • He likes to sleep with his binky pressed up against his cheek. He spits it out just before he falls asleep but he'll often wake if it moves away from his cheek.
  • Loves the same John Deere toy Maya loved when she was his age.
  • Is swaddled in the same blanket every night that we also used for Maya.
  • Eats like a champ.
  • He has my super long second toe.
  • Owen loves to be carried around and isn't much for being left for too long. He will, however, sit for quite a while in his bouncey seat if you talk and sing to him with Maya.
  • He loves watching Maya do just about anything.
  • Owen is often called Oie; Oh We Oh, Oooohhh; or Mr Owen Pants. Even Maya calls him these.
  • He hates the car; I don't think it's the car seat...I think it's the car and the fact he hasn't figure out how to see Maya yet.
  • He is our finale and I'm trying to slow down and enjoy his babyhood more. I'm kind of sad to see him already trying to be mobile yet happy to see his big smile when he figures this stuff out.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading these age posts about your kiddos. It makes me feel like I know them a teeny, bitty bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I suppose I should have waited til you posted pics... but I can't resist. HE'S so grown up!!! Look at that guy!

    ReplyDelete