Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby Quinton

Maya has never been in to playing with baby dolls of any variety though she has acquired several. However, about a month ago she 'adopted' a blue eyed cabbage patch doll from her existing collection. I am not even sure who gave her the doll but, sure enough, she got up one day and decided he was hers. Now, the dolls had been just sitting in a wooden cradle my dad made for me when I was a little girl for about a year so I was a little surprised. She started carrying this doll around and a few days in to this I asked her if it was a boy or girl and she told me a boy. She then told me his name is Baby Quinton. This is partially significant because someone we know currently has a foster baby with the same name. Since this started she has progressed from playing with him occasionally to getting him up, declaring he is napping, declaring he is crying, feeding him bottles, giving him a binky, rocking him, singing to him, feeding him at the table, tucking him in at night, and he even has his own special rattle toy which was Owen's when he was a lil guy. She tells me all about the things he does and how he is feeling and, at times, I am even asked to babysit. It's so cute and funny. We play along and even kiss Baby Quinton goodnight when we kiss her. The other night he was in his cradle and she woke up having had a bad dream. Chris was in rubbing her back when she asked if he would get him because she thought he needed 'a snuggle'. So sweet.

1 comment: