Saturday, January 9, 2010

Marriage


I am officially married to my friend's 2 1/2 year old daughter Emilie...Ok not really. The fact that Emilie decided we were married made me wonder. What it is about this age (2 1/2-3) that makes kids so interested in marriage. Maya has been bringing me a wedding picture which sits on a cupboard in our entry to tell me all about my wedding (she points out who is in the picture, our dresses, our flowers, etc.) then asks about getting married. It's always the relatively same conversation as she tries to digest exactly what marriage is all about but it makes me smile and laugh. She decided one day she would marry me though on most she wants to marry her daddy (she is SUCH a daddy's girl). By the way, Emilie decided she would marry Owen after her mommy told her that I am already taken. (BTW the picture is obviously from my honeymoon....)

No comments:

Post a Comment