Tuesday, January 10, 2012

His voice

At bed time Maya picked out a book I made when she was 18 months old for Chris for Christmas called My Daddy and I.  It was a silly little photo book all abou Chris and Maya's adventures.  After I finished she looked at me and said, "Mommy, what did his voice sound like?" 

That question and the conversation that followed affirmed a fear of mine.

She has forgotten so much.

We snuggled in her bed for quite awhile talking about Chris and I reaffirmed my need to remind her frequently about him...his favorites, his interests, his dislikes so that some day she has facts about him she can call her own. 

That day came way too fast.

1 comment:

  1. It must be hard. I can't imagine. I believe, as that reality fades, remembering the voices is probably the hardest because it is one of the things that is simply gone. We will always be here for you and the kids and Chris will always be here with us too.

    ReplyDelete