Thursday, August 11, 2011

Judgment

Today, what would have been Chris' 35th birthday, I woke up at 4:45 a.m. to a text from a friend, more or less warning me about a post of my Facebook page...yes Facebook.

Today, as I read scathing remarks from this person I came to the point where I wondered who really is in a position to judge my life, my decisions, my path.  In the end I stand by every decision I have made and the path I have chosen for myself as well as my children.

The question remains, how does one disregard the judgment of another?  I am at a loss to understand when this became about anyone else but Chris and those close to him.

I'm tired.  Tired of feeling judged, feeling like so many need to voice their opinion about my life let alone the picture I post on my facebook page.

I'm shocked that the path of grief must become to guarded.  It's hard to know whom to trust.  Chris' death left an enormous gap of uncertainty and insecurity.  So why would anyone exacerbate this and offer up a cruel and judgmental opinion to a situation that is not even impacting them.   


No comments:

Post a Comment